JALO’s Life Organizer certificate program in English
Applications for the 2024 course are now open
While there are differences in housing styles, culture, customs, and laws between countries, Japan is said to have the highest quality of services and organizations in the world. For those who want to improve their quality of life by becoming a personal trainer or life organizer, we have prepared a “Japanese style” program.
Please do not take this course if you live in China, Hong Kong, or Taiwan. Please click here to take the course at our partner companies.
About Life Organizers
A Life Organizer is an “expert who helps people optimize their lives” and is certified by JALO, the Japan Association of Life Organizers.
As “personal trainers” for improving quality of life (QOL), we look at people’s lives as a whole and support them in organizing their lives, focusing on activities of organizing and storing items. A Life Organizer is an “organizing professional and consultant who starts by organizing people’s thought process” and helps people under the philosophy of “ For easier and more comfortable lives.” However, “organizing and storing items” is not the only way.
Our time is limited, and it is uncertain how much time. We all have left in life. That’s why we first work with clients to help them understand how they should use their limited time, live a better life, and create time for what they want to do and things that make them happy. Then we help them start taking action.
Our work is unique because we not only organize houses, but we do so while addressing various aspects of people’s lives.
Certification Course Content
This course is a special program for professionals and differs from the program offered in Japan.
The instructor will be Mayumi Takahara, the founder, and president of JALO.
（Other instructors are also available to assist.）
The course offered in Japan is a two-level program: first, the Level 2 Certification Course, which is a beginner course, and then the Level 1 Certification Course, which is a professional course.
This e-learning course can be taken at your own pace, with a curriculum designed to help you obtain professional certification quickly.
The total course duration is 30 hours. With the exception of the instructor and student Q&A sessions, the entire program is delivered via an online learning system. The instructor speaks in Japanese. The video will be accompanied by English-dubbed audio and slides translated into English.
The instructor and student Q&A sessions will be conducted in two 90-minute sessions via Zoom meetings with English and Japanese interpreters present. These sessions are included in the course time.
The Q&A session schedule will be determined after coordinating the schedules of the instructor and students.
The course duration is 6 months.
- What is Life Organizing?
- The 5 elements of decluttering
- Life Organizing and Brain Mechanisms
- Necessity and selection criteria of things = values
- Life organizing methods and processes
1:History and Background in the Organizing Business
- The Concept of Organizing
- When was the job of tidying and organizing born?
- About NAPO
- History of tidying and organizing in Japan
- JALO Activities – 2011 Partnership with ICD
- JALO Activities – Affiliated with IFPOA in 2012
- Professional organizers are also diverse〜Types of certifications increase year by year
2:The Life Organizer’s Approach〜Life Organizing
- Basic Philosophy of Life Organizing
- Characteristics of Life Organizers
- What is structuring and optimization with “People” as the main factor?
- What is “Decluttering Behavior”?
- Life Organizing and “Decluttering Behavior”
- Analysis Tree of Decluttering Roadblocks
3:Life Organizer’s Work Process and Business Forms
- Life Organizer’s Work Process
- Main Business Forms
- Main Pricing Structure
4:What is “Start by Organizing Your Thoughts”? Organizing Time and Information
- How to Organize Your Thoughts
- Four major advantages of output
- Organizing Time
- The Story of the Big Stone
- Time Management Matrix
- Organizing Information
- Different ways of handling information
- Retrieval, Storage, and Preservation
- Things to be aware of to classify information
- Preliminary Preparation
- Preliminary Hearing and Visit Preparation
- Formulate a hypothesis based on the content of the interviews
- What you need to know to get a bird’s eye view, not a subjective one
- Initial visit – face-to-face consulting
- How to proceed with consulting
- Confirmation of the contents of preliminary hearings and understanding of the outline
- Grasping and confirming the overall quantity of items in the house, storage areas, and lines of flow
- Consultation and determination of proposal content
- Photography and Measurement
- Mutually confirm the request and next action and exit
3:How to make proposals and drawings
- Preparing Quotations Approval and Contracts
- Plan how to proceed with the work and fix a date and time for the work
- Purpose of Proposal Preparation
- Purpose of Drawing
- How to Draw
4:On-Site Work and Follow-Up
- On-Site Work〜Precautions and How to Proceed
- Review of proposal and explanation of work procedures, precautions, etc.
- Getting Ready and Getting Started
- Strategy meeting during lunch (break) (even if you are alone)
- Follow the proposal and work to fit it in
- Completion and Follow-up
1:Field Case Studies and Product Knowledge
- Various needs of organizing
- Organize Work Case Studies and Product Knowledge You Need to Know
2:How to start an organizing business
- Business Concept and Goal Setting
- Narrowing down the target audience
- About Marketing
- Creating a Business Plan
3:Required Documents and Compliance
- Required Documents
- Compliance Requirements for Life Organizers
4:Support for Post-qualification Activities
- Post-qualification Guidance
- Become a Professional Life Organizer
The certification exam will be passed if the assignment is submitted by the deadline and meets the certification criteria.
However, if the assignment does not meet the certification criteria, the student must resubmit the assignment.
- Opening Date：Monday, January 29, 2024 at 1:00 p.m.（JST)
※Date and time to start using the online learning system
- Course Hours：30 hours The course duration is 6 months.
- End Date：Monday, July 29, 2024 at 5:00 p.m.（JST)
※Deadline for submission of assignments
- Number of participants：6 students
- Course Fee：450,000 yen ※495,000 yen for those residing in Japan
- Payment method：PayPal / credit card payment（No installment payments）
- Qualification：Students can obtain Life Organizer® Level 1 certification by completing the entire program (including submitting assignments by the deadline), passing the certification exam, and completing the post-certification procedures and enrollment registration.
- An international membership fee for the fiscal year 2024 after accreditation is included. For the following year, 2025, an annual membership fee (15,000 yen) is required at the time of membership renewal. Resignation of membership is possible, but commercial activities in the name of Life Organizer® are prohibited.
- Primary application deadline: October 5, 2023
- Please read the Terms and Conditions of the course before registering.
- Textbooks used in the course will be downloaded in PDF format. However, some course materials will be mailed to your pre-registered address. Therefore, please write to an address where you can receive the course materials.
※Consumption tax is required on the course fee for foreign nationals in Japan. Please understand this in advance.
Learn more about this course
The online learning system used is easy to use a requires no special knowledge or preparation.If you have any concerns about the Zoom connection, please contact us in advance.In addition to watching and learning through the online learning system, time is required to prepare assignments. Just so you know, the time required to create assignments for certification is separate from the course time, so please plan accordingly. You can watch videos of the work process at the customer’s home. You can also watch all the videos repeatedly until the end.
Frequently Asked Questions
A：Must be able to attend and communicate in English. Must be able to receive mail.Q：When will the Q&A sessions be scheduled?
A：The program is scheduled for late March 2024 and mid-June 2024. However, this is subject to change as it will be determined by adjusting for time differences and schedules of participants’ locations.Q：When will I know if I pass or fail the certification exam?
A：We will inform you separately after you submit your assignment, but it is scheduled for the end of March 2024.Q：When will the next course start?
A：It is scheduled for fall 2024 but is subject to change.
→You can click here to ask about this course.
Unfortunately, we cannot respond to your questions through the Chat tool. Please understand this in advance.